Monday 7 December 2015

Lush Christmas | Fairy Dust.

It feels like it has been ages since I mentioned anything Lush related on my blog. Their Christmas 2015 products have been out for quite a while, but I'm really only getting around to playing with some of them that I picked up last time I was at home. Something that I'm pretty sure is new to their lineup this year is Fairy Dust; a cute dusting powder with the famous Snow Fairy scent. I'm a massive fan of the Snow Fairy shower gel ("we've seen your empty posts, Grace, we know" I can hear you all saying) so if you like sweet candyfloss-esque products and haven't tried Snow Fairy yet I suggest you run to your nearest Lush and buy in bulk. Being such a big fan of SF, I'm only delighted to see more products with the same scent, especially post-shower products. Last year they had a little massage bar in the scent of Snow Fairy and it was deeeee-lish. Anyway, back to Fairy Dust.


 I think this is a really lovely little product, especially for someone like me who doesn't have a bath, so I like to still treat myself to Lush stuff that obviously isn't a bath bomb or bubble bar. The instructions say to sprinkle a little on the skin and head out the door. This being a powder, it obviously isn't a lotion/the most moisturizing thing in the world but it is such a nice product for giving a really subtle sheen or lustre to the skin, particularly on the chest, arms and legs. It isn't chunky or rough sparkle by any means. The smell is so lovely and the feeling of the powder makes me really nostalgic for post bathtimes when I was a kid and your parents would douse baby powder over you until you looked like a powdered doughnut. Although it is definitely designed for sprinkling on your body and shining like the Snow Fairy herself, I've been really enjoying using this as a very mild dry shampoo/hair product. The cornflour and sodium bicarbonate soaks up a little bit of the excess oil in my roots, makes my hair smell amazing and gives it a very subtle shine. I've actually had compliments from friends sitting beside me in lecture halls about how nice my hair smells -sass girl emoji- Finally, it is 100% cruelty free and vegan! I think a little bottle of Snow Fairy shower gel and Fairy Dust paired together would make a really nice Secret Santa or stocking stuffer gift for a friend, niece or even boyfriend... I've known many boys in the past to like a bit of Snow Fairy. 


Have you picked up anything from Lush's Christmas collection this year? Let me know below! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment