Monday 17 August 2015

Empties | Skincare Products I've Used Up.

It's been quite a while since I've done an empties post... My little box that I keep used products in has been overflowing so I said I'd do this one dedicated to 5 skincare products I've tried and most importantly... if I'd repurchase any of them!


First up is the No. 7 makeup remover wipes. Now, now, before you panic and call me a terrible and disgusting person because I use makeup wipes... I don't really on the regular. However, I will openly admit that if I have been out that night and come in at 3am there is no chance I'm doing a hot cloth makeup removal and cream cleanse - honestly it's a miracle if I'm mindful enough to take my contacts out. So, I always like to keep a packet of wipes beside my bed and this was my first time trying these ones. They're such a handy thing to spend your No. 7 till vouchers on because they're cheap as chips with the vouchers and they're actually a fantastic wipe. I hate Nivea, Simple, all the rest because they're dry and scratchy on the skin. These are really saturated with remover and make the skin feel lovely afterwards (well, as lovely as it can do considering it's a wipe) I'm also a big fan of the plastic lid to stop them drying out so I would definitely buy these again.
No. 7 Beautiful Skin Makeup Wipes
Do you ever hear so much about a product that you think it would be virtually impossible for you to not get on with it? Because how could you; It's the most amazing product anybody has ever tried and it's groundbreakingly fantastic? Ahem... enter the Garnier Micellar Water. Because it's the first and only micellar water I've ever used, I don't know if all micellar waters or just this Garnier one that I wasn't a fan of at all. I originally bought this as an alternative to wipes - yano, for those lazy nights as something to keep myself my bed. I did finish the bottle, but I ended up using this as just an eye makeup remover (a very gentle one at that) because I hated the way this felt on my skin. When it came into contact with my foundation it just made it slide around my face instead of really removing the product. The worst bit about it was it made my skin feel so horrible afterwards - super super sticky but also really dry and uncomfortable at the same time. Basically, I'm not a fan (I think I'm the only person on this planet who isn't) and wouldn't repurchase.
Garnier Micellar Water
Next up is another disappointing product. Another product that is pretty well loved in the blogging community so I'm thinking it's another case of "it's not you, it's me". It is, in fact, the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean cream cleanser... and the worst bit about it? I had two bottles of this stuff to finish. In short, this cleanser was just crap. It did absolutely nothing for me except move around my face and not actually take any excess makeup. Because it's a cream cleanser it doesn't foam up (so I knew it would be gentle and nothing too hard core) but I was at least hoping it would leave my skin feeling soft like previous cream cleansers. Nope. Nothing. Nada. I used this as a shower cleanser before I'd exfoliate or something like that purely just to use it up - but even then I gave up doing that during my second bottle and decided to bin them altogether. I'm usually a massive fan of Soap and Glory skincare, so I was really disappointed with this - especially since the claims on the bottle make it sound like it's going to break down everything except the Great Wall of China. 
Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean
Finally time for a cleanser I did really enjoy, and will probably repurchase in the future. I received the NeoStrata Ultra Brightening Cleanser in my ITWBN goodie bag at the start of the year and I have to say I really enjoyed using this. It's a gel cleanser that foams up a little bit but nothing too extreme (if you're worried foaming cleansers strip the skin and leave them feeling dry). This worked great in the mornings to brighten my dull complexion and I also really enjoyed using it in the evenings with my Clarisonic. I don't know how readily available NeoStrata is in Ireland but I'll definitely be looking more into their range in the future.
NeoStrata Ultra Brightening Cleanser
Last but not least was something I was dying to try - sheet masks. These ones in particular are the Sephora own brand and are specifically for the eye area. I won't lie, I felt very Lisa Eldridge-esque with these on. Sephora have a couple of different sheet masks for the face/corresponding ones for the eyes (rose, honey, pomegranate, pearl etc) which I picked up a couple of when I was in Barcelona this summer. The lingzhi eye masks are anti-aging and smoothing which you apply for 20 minutes under the eye area, dispose of the one time sheet mask and rub the excess product onto the undereye area. I put this in my fridge for 10 minutes before I applied it and it felt so cooling and nice on the undereye area. I feel like it made the skin more moisturized and slightly smoother looking so I definitely think they're a nice treat one every two weeks or so (or if you're going on a long plane journey you could easily put this on and subsequently scare the life out of the air hostesses) and I will be picking up more of these when I'm in France next year!
Sephora Lingzhi Eye Mask
What products did you finish recently? And am I completely mental for not falling head over heels in love with the Garnier Micellar Water? Let me know below! x

No comments :

Post a Comment