Friday 10 July 2015

Face Mask Friday | Lush Cosmetics Cupcake.

The next installment of Face Mask Friday is Cupcake! One of their more popular face masks, and if you have oily skin it's definitely something I would suggest. First off, it smells like real chocolate so, 10/10 would recommend on smell alone and it also contains a tonne of great ingredients for treating oily or acne prone skin. Something to note about all face masks from Lush is that they contain super fresh ingredients and only have a shelf life of a few weeks so you need to keep them in the fridge, and toss them when they're ready to go to the face mask graveyard in the sky. Don't forget to bring back 5 empty black pots to get any free fresh face masks cause snaps for recycling programmes. I feel like I also have to put a disclaimer something along the lines of, eh, please don't eat it! Pssssst... you can check out my last Face Mask Friday post here if you missed it ;)

Lush Cupcake


Since I have oily skin, I am never without a Cupcake in my fridge. It's easily my most repurchased mask and it just really suits my skin. The mud used in this mask absorbs excess oil on the skin and the cocoa powder acts as a deep cleanse. Cocoa butter to soften, peppermint and spearmint oils to stimulate the skin and vanilla extract to add to the sweet smell. Not gonna lie, it looks a lil' questionable when you're rubbing brown stuff on your skin and your mother/father/significant other will probably give you the oddest of looks but you'll be the one with lovely skin after 10 minutes so... -sass girl emoji-


Cupcake Face Mask

Apply to clean skin, leave for 10 minutes and rinse. The mud has a clay type effect and does dry down a little on the skin. This can be a messy one (I'm not sure if it's really any messier than the others but perhaps it's the brown residue in my sink that makes me think this way) so I rinse this off in the shower whenever I can. Messy, but definitely worth it. My skin feels instantly less oily and looks less greasy, even the next morning when my natural oils would typically leave me lookin' a lil' craaaasy. Another thing I notice is that any areas of redness from breakouts look significantly less red after having this on the skin. I don't necessarily think it does a huge amount for active breakouts and pimples (Mask of Magnaminty does more for me personally for those issues) but for an overall oily skin or if you're prone to redness from said breakouts, this is a great one. I know a lot of people with combination with apply this mask to just their t-zone or oily areas and use another one on the rest of their face so you can always mix them to suit your skin's needs!

Leader of the Bebo Stunnahs right here
Have you tried any of the Lush fresh face masks? What did you think of em? Let me know below and don't forget to follow via Bloglovin' to see the next installment of Face Mask Friday! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment