Monday 23 February 2015

Review | MAC x Miley Cyrus (Viva Glam Miley Lipstick)

Viva Glam is one of my favourite things in the beauty industry. It is at the heart of MAC's ethos and is just such a great charity. It is so rare that a company gives 100% of the proceeds to anything like this, and if you haven't looked up what your Viva Glam money goes to, then please check out http://www.macaidsfund.org/ :)
Anyway! MAC are always looking for an influential (and sometimes controversial) public figure to front their campaign. This year, they chose Miley Cyrus. Whatever your opinions about Miley or her music, I think it's a great way to spread the word about the charity. You get a nice lipstick and are helping people living with/affected by HIV, so I'm usually not bothered about who is the face of the lipstick. 



It comes in the classic Viva Glam bullet with Miley's signature on the front. The colour itself is described by MAC as a "super sexy hot pink" with an amplified formula. It is a super bright (but not too neon) pink with a creamy finish. It is really pigmented and pretty long lasting considering it isn't a matte. Amplified finishes feel really comfortable on the lips too so I'm a big fan of that aspect. This colour shows up slightly more orange/coral on me than it does on others, so be aware that its one of those that will look slightly different (but still flattering) on everyone.
Overall, I really love this lipstick; I love the colour itself and I can't speak highly enough of the Viva Glam fund. It is worth noting that there is also a matching lip gloss to accompany the lipstick, with all of the proceeds of course going to Viva Glam!
Viva Glam Miley Cyrus

What do you think of Viva Glam Miley? Is it a colour you'd wear yourself? I can't wait to see if she comes out with a second Viva Glam lipstick, let's hope it's not as unwearable as Viva Glam Rihanna II! Let me know your opinions below, or tweet me @GraceyOConnell :)

No comments :

Post a Comment