Sunday 12 October 2014

FOTD + Step by Step How To | Uninterrupted Mythology.

Finally, here is an autumn inspired face of the day! I've been itching to put this much makeup on my face and photograph it for you guys. This is a halo/spotlight type look, with the colour lightest in the centre. I like to call this a sort of "pretty grunge" look, because it's using some red and bruise toned colours in a very blown out shape but still manages to look made up and girly. I've really been enjoying this lately because it looks great even without winged liner and can be blown out quite a lot around the edges. Saves a lot of time and looks really nice with those kind of colours. I did a post all about some of my favourite eyeshadows for autumn/winter (link here) - you could easily take other shades similar to those that I mentioned and recreate this look to your taste. It could be made less burgundy and more brown, less rose gold in the centre and more gold or bronze, it's really up to you! I also gave the options of a dark lip and a nude lip, and I'd wear this look with both depending on my mood but, of course, you could opt for the nude lip if you preferred! Let me know which lip you would wear with this look down below! :)






How to filter yourself to be semi decent looking; a self-help guide.



1. Prime the lid and apply a warm shade to the transition colour. I also really like texture by MAC for this look, any medium warm brown shade will do!

2. I applied an eyeshadow base onto the inner and outer third of the lid. This is optional, but it makes the red in the next eyeshadow stand out that little bit more!

3. I set the eyeshadow base on the inner and outer corners with a deep matte burgundy shade. This could be swapped for any eyeshadow depending on the look you were going for. You could use a more brown colour or something like Sketch from MAC to make it more purple/plum. The eyeshadow I used isn't the easiest to find, but if you wanted to use something similar and didn't mind it not being matte I'd use something like Cranberry (MAC), Last Call (Urban Decay) or #452 by Inglot.

4. Apply a light shimmery shade in the centre. I used Mythology for a more rose gold look. Trick in the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette is very similar. You could always switch this up for a gold!

5. Apply your transition shade (Uninterrupted) to the lower lashline, connecting it to the outer crease on the top portion of the lid. I applied this colour very liberally and really blown out with a fluffy crease brush. It's completely up to you how far down you take it, but I think it adds to the slightly smudgy look. Then I took a smaller pencil brush and applied the Red Wine shade close to the lower lashes and also connected that to the outer corner on the top for added definition. The great thing about this look is that you don't have to be too neat or precise with this because it's slightly slap dash - just keep blendin'. I also added a shimmery highlight to the inner tear duct to bring more light to the eyes.

6. Finally, I added lashes and brows. I decided to skip liner altogether, but you could add a black/brown/plum on the waterline if you wished!

Products Used:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion - Original
  • MAC Pro Longwear Eyeshadow - Uninterrupted (crease/transition, lower lashline)
  • Kiko Long Lasting Shadow Stick - #37 (inner/outer third of the lid)
  • Sephora Eyeshadow - Red Wine (inner/outer third of the lid, lower lashline)
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Mythology (centre of the lid)
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow(s) - Walk of Shame (Browbone highlight), Venus (inner corner highlight)
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade - Dark Brown (review here)
  • NYX Blush - Taupe (contour)
  • Wet n Wild Blush - Heather Silk
  • MAC MSF - Refresh (highlight) (limited edition colour, use whateva you got, yo')
  • MAC Lipstick - Patisserie (nude lip: option #1)
  • Wet n Wild Lipstick - Cherry Bomb (dark lip: option #2)
I hope you enjoyed this FOTD, I think it's perfect for any party coming up around this time of year. Let me know if you'd like to see more FOTD's below and don't forget to comment below telling me which lip option you preferred! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter, too... I generally post my face of the days there as a sneak peak before I blog about it! :) x

No comments :

Post a Comment