Wednesday 30 July 2014

The Liebster Award.

Hi guys! 
A slightly different blog post from me today but hopefully you enjoy it. I'm hoping ye get to know more about me and find some other really great smaller blogs that I love to read.

         


Now that that's all finished, I'd like to thank Anu (from http://mylifeasanu.blogspot.ie/) for kindly nominating me for the Liebster Award. I have to be honest, I hadn't a scooby doo what this was until I read Anu's post. Essentially, it's a tag style blog award from one blogger to another with followers under the 200 mark. It's created by bloggers as a way of discovering new blogs - always a good thing in my book!




The rules are as follows:
  • Thank and link the blogger(s) who nominated you
  • Answer 11 questions that they have written for you
  • Give 11 random facts about yourself
  • Nominate other bloggers with under 200 followers (you can't nominate the person who nominated you)
  • Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer and make sure you let them know that they've been nominated

Anu's questions:

1. If you had 3 wishes what would you wish for and why? 
I would wish for success in life; college and career wise, I'd wish for the time and money to travel the world and finally (and as cheesy as it sounds) I think I'd just wish for overall happiness and ease in life!

2. When did you decide to start a blog?
This question is actually pretty debatable! Okay, so.. I've been reading blogs for yearssss and always wanted to start one of my own. A few of my college friends had mentioned it to me before Christmas and finally made me start a blogger account (the best thing they ever did, I know that I would never have done it if I didn't have the push!) I started writing a couple of posts and saving them up in my drafts in maybe February/March but only actually posted them and started telling people about my blog at the end of April. It's super new, but I'm really enjoying blogging!

3. Do you have any siblings? 
I don't! I'm an only child for life. I have a big family with uncles and aunts who are pretty young, so they act like older siblings. I also have 7 younger cousins that I see a lot so I like to think I have the best of both worlds!

4. What four things can you not live without?
Aside from the obvious water and air stuff... I'd have to say my phone, my family/friends/boyfriend, my cat and music!

5. Who is/are your favourite Youtuber(s)?
I have a tonne! I really only watch beauty related Youtubers, though. My absolute favourites are Sharon Farrell, Rachel Whitehurst, Nomadic Makeup, the Batalash girls and Nikkie Tutorials.

6. Would you like/have you ever considered changing anything about your blog, if yes, what and why?
Because I'm only very new to blogging, am useless at the technology/coding side and don't have the money to pay anyone to fix it... I would definitely love to change my layout a little! I've done what I can but it's pretty simple. I'd definitely like to just change general visual bits and bobs around my blog and hopefully will when I've been blogging a bit longer. Content wise, I'm happy with where my blog is going but would like to include more fashion and lifestyle posts in the future!

7. When did you start wearing makeup?
My grandmother and aunts are really into their makeup and beauty so I started playing around with makeup pretty young, probably when I was about 12. At that stage though, I really only wore some concealer/powder and mascara.. nothing too crazy! About a year later I started getting really into eyeliner and doing up my eyes and that continued all the way up until I was about 16 when I started doing a full face of makeup (contour, brows, the works!)

8. What is your favourite song?
This is SO hard for me... I have so many different favourite songs that I love to listen to depending on my mood. Currently though, my favourite song would probably have to be Like Real People Do by Hozier. I saw him at Longitude recently and fell in love with his voice!

9. Do you have any obsessions? 
I don't think I have any wild, unhealthy or wildly unhealthy ones but I guess I would say I'm addicted to cats and makeup! Pretty unexciting but there you go! ;)

10. Would you rather buy every piece of makeup or clothing you ever wanted?
Eeeek! No idea... I'd like to think I'd do an even mix of both. I think I'd rather buy every piece of clothing because they're probably more useful than buying every purple eyeshadow under the sun!

11. What 5 things would you take with you on a desert island?
Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, my cat, SPF, my best friend and a good book!

11 random facts about me:
  • I'm animal obsessed and love watching David Attenborough documentaries. I just love listening to his voice, it's so soothing!
  • I have a completely irrational fear of raw meat and refuse to handle and/or cook it. It freaks me out so much.
  • I've never had a broken bone or a filling (touch wood)
  • I love watching rugby and once (jokingly) asked Cian Healy to my debs (he said yes and that he'd bring his pug along)
  • I'm a total night owl and find myself being more creative at night - I struggle to do anything before midday.
  • I absolutely love to travel and have Christmas decorations/baubles from all over the world.
  • I love all things Disney
  • I can quote Mean Girls from start to finish (my friends now refuse to watch it with me because of my running commentary!)
  • I spent a good portion of my childhood thinking that there was a species of animal called meerdogs because there were such a thing as meerkats (yep, true story)
  • I have lived in the same house and town all my life and decided to move across the country to the west for college pretty much all by myself - no friends or family with me!
  • I speak English, French and (some) Irish. I learned Spanish for a year and really enjoyed it. I love learning languages and actually regret not taking Spanish up again in university.

I nominate:




Questions:

1. What was/is your favourite subject in school/college?
2. Where is your favourite country you've visited and why?
3. Why did you begin blogging?
4. What do you friends/family think of your blog?
5. What are your favourite type of blog posts to read?
6. Who are your favourite bloggers and youtubers?
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging/fashion/beauty?
8. What is a beauty product that you think every woman should have?
9. Do you speak any other languages?
10. What is your party trick/talent?
11. What is your favourite form of social media? 

Thanks so much for reading. I hope you learned a little more about me and I really hope you find some new blogs to check out. Feel free to answer the 11 questions below with your own responses! If you have any other favourite blogs please leave them down below. In the meantime, what would you like to see more of on my blog? Face of the days, favourites, reviews... something else? Let me know on Twitter (@GraceyOConnell) or below in the comments! x

No comments :

Post a Comment