Wednesday 28 May 2014

FOTD/Step by Step How To: Metallic Mermaid.

I was absolutely bored to tears with all the neutral looks I've been doing lately. Not that there's anything wrong with neutrals, but there's only so many times that I can handle a plum/brown crease and champagne lid ;) I was reorganising some of my makeup earlier this week and came across a tonne of MAC pigments that I never use and wanted to force myself to create a look with some of them! MAC pigments are loose eye shadows that are often very metallic and pigmented but can be such a hassle as they often cause a lot of fallout. I began to play around with them, not really knowing where the look was going and by the end, it reminded me of a very smokey metallic mermaid-esque look. I used a deep blackened blue colour on the inner and outer corners with a pop of a jewel toned teal in the centre to bring some light back to the look. I kept the shape very blown out and smokey without winged liner and of course, some lashes! This look isn't for everyone, and probably not something you'd wear every day but I think this would be great for a club night/night out with friends. If you wanted to add something else to the look (which I completely forgot to do!) would be to add MAC Reflects Transparent Teal glitter over the lid... It would definitely add to the whole mermaid thing! Also, can we talk about kickin' it old school with the old MAC Teal pigment container? This was one of the products I bought on my first ever visit to a MAC store about 6 years ago so it has serious nostalgic and sentimental value for me! Anyway, with all that said... Hope you enjoy! :)





















Products Used:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion - Eden
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Texture (crease/transition colour)
  • Maybelline Colour Tattoo - Everlasting Navy (base all over the lid)
  • MAC Pigments - Deep Blue Green (inner/outer corners, deep crease) and Teal (centre lid)
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Plumage (outer corner)
  • MAC Eyeshadow - Vanilla (browbone highlight)
  • MAC Pigments - Deep Blue Green (inner and outer corner of lower lashline), Teal (centre of the lower lashline)
  • Maybelline Colour Tattoo - Light In Purple (inner corner)
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow - Aurora Duo: Blue shade (Limited Edition) Sugarpill Lumi or a frosty white/silver shade would also work well!
  • Urban Decay Zero Eyeliner and Teal Pigment (waterline)
  • MAC Blush - Harmony (contour)
  • Sleek Blush - Life's a Peach (blush)
  • MAC Mineralise Skinfinish - Soft and Gentle (highlight)
  • Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lipgloss - Max (I hate lipgloss, so I don't really know what I was thinking when I put this on but any peachy nude lip would work with this)

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram, both are @DrnkTxtRmeo_ :)

No comments :

Post a Comment