Monday 12 May 2014

FOTD + Step by Step/How To: Reflects Rose Gold (Urban Decay Naked 3 Tutorial)

I recently wore this look to a 21st birthday party and really liked how it turned out! I knew I wanted to play around with my Naked 3 palette but didn't want anything overly pink, and this just became the end result. I did a plum-brown on the inner and outer corners with a rose gold centre. Underneath, I added some reflect gold glitter to the inner third of the lower lash line (last minute decision and I completely forgot to photograph that step, sorry!). This is a really good example of one of those looks that looks SO messy in the process, and looks pretty crap until you add the liner, lashes and concealer which really pulls the whole look together! I find that this is always the way when I'm just playing around and don't really have an idea in my head of the final product. It looks a little questionable initially, but I really love how it turned out and I think a lot of people could wear this to loads of different occasions. This could also be made a lot more pink toned, (if you were using the Naked 3) and would make the rose gold colour in the middle pop even more. I included a step by step pictorial type thaaaang in case anyone wished to recreate something similar. Hope you enjoy :)








Products Used: 
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion - Original
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow(s) - Limit and Nooner (Naked 3) in the crease/used as transition shade(s)
  • Maybelline Colour Tattoos - Metallic Pomegranate (inner and outer corners) and Pink Gold (centre of the lid) used as bases in picture 2
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow(s) - Factory and Darkside (outer corners), Liar (crease), Trick (centre of the lid)
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow(s) - Factory (lower lashline), Strange (browbone highlight)
  • Mac Pro Eyeliner Mixing Medium + Mac Reflects Gold Glitter (inner corner)
  • Urban Decay liquid liner - Perversion + Glide-On Pencil - Zero
  • Ardell Demi Wispies 
  • Nars Blush - Sin
(I have nothing on my lips in the picture but I later added Urban Decay Native lipstick. This eye would look nice with any nude/pink lip but would also look amazing with a dark burgundy, too!)

You can follow me on Instagram and Twitter too... yano, if you wanted to... that's a thing.
You can also email me with suggestions/recommendations/requests/whatever at longhairandlashes@gmail.com
Thanks for readin' x

No comments :

Post a Comment